Environmental & Social Policies
The Lurex® Group recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
Our dedicated management team is responsible for ensuring that our environmental policy is implemented and that all of our employees also have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
We endeavour to:
• Comply with all relevant regulatory requirements.
• Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
• Increase employee awareness.
• We will minimise the use of paper in the office.
• We will reduce packaging as much as possible.
• We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
• We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
Energy and water
• We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
• Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
• Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
• We will evaluate if the need can be met in another way.
• We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
• We will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
• We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
• We will reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessity trips only.
• We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
• We encourage the use of public transport or bicycles.
Maintenance and cleaning
• Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
• Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
Monitoring and improvement
• We will comply with all relevant regulatory requirements.
• We will continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
• We will increase employee awareness through training.
• We will review this policy and any related business issues at annual management meetings.
• We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
• We will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
• We will provide staff with relevant environmental training.
• We will work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
• The Lurex® group recognises that the responsibility of businesses to respect human rights is an integral aspect of sustainable development. The responsibility to respect human rights involves avoiding infringement on the human rights of others and addressing adverse human rights impacts that their operations may cause or to which they may contribute as well as mitigating adverse human rights impacts that are directly linked to their operations.
• We aim to support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights norms within their work.
• We aim to eliminate discrimination based on any grounds (Race, Creed, Colour or Religion)
• We are committed to ensuring that the welfare of workers and labour conditions within our place of business meet or exceed recognised standards;